Friday, March 26, 2010

to build a home

a large part of my life was massivly shaken today when my dads company, murray olaoire architects (http://www.murrayolaoire.com/), founded in 1979, went into liquidation.
im not going to pretend that i know how to rationalise this in my head, im not an expert in business, its not my area and i only know the basic facts but what really shocked me was this.
i knew murray olaoire was going to liquidate, ive known for a while because we've talked about it as a family and the way my dad dealt with it made my respect for him skyrocket to heights i didnt think possible. with all the plans being put into place to deal with the liquidation in the most sensible way whilst retaining dignity. part of this was an agreed date to release full details of liquidation to the public and the media.


this morning i woke up to a series of messages from various people asking me if i was alright, asking if my family were alright, asking me how i was feeling etc, and it didnt dawn on me what was happening until i connected the dots in my head.

someone who is unknown at present decided to contact various media sources and tell them, for some reason, that murray olaoire are going under, quite a while before the set date, thus making life difficult for everyone involved, and especially difficult for my dad, who now has to deal with the liquidation process and the tv/paper interviews.

needless to say, i would like to find the person who leaked the information before the release date and give them a good auld fashioned slap in the head.
fucking ignorant petty dickheads.

i guess i can only do what i can to be there supporting my dad, as he has supported me all my life, as he goes through this difficult time.

to add to that, bumping into people who catch me offguard and confuse me doesnt help in the least.

at least aidan bishops preview show was great :)

ill keep you posted on whats going on when i know, and sorry for the poor quality of writing in this, my head is a bit melted today...

1 comment: