Thursday, April 15, 2010

gig report for the week :D

Ive been around these past few weeks, doing 4/5 shows a week for the last 3 weeks and let me tell you, im fucking exhausted... looking at it, im delighted because it shows me that im getting to be more in demand and by association, i suppose it means im doing something right, im hitting the right notes on stage and my interaction is getting sharper etc.

but its gotten to the stage where im just tired now and looking at a few nights off now seems like a delicious treat :)

this week has been a mixed bag of gigs, going to write short little reports up for each of them and then go to bed because im a tired tired man :)

tuesday had me headlining the wonderful milk and cookies in the exchange in temple bar. now, as you probably know, milk and cookies isnt strictly a comedy show, but a mix of storytelling and comedy. that being said, a lot of the story tellers could be comedians in their own right, being excessivly funny and having perfect delivery.
it was a tasty gig, i ended up doing 25 minutes or so, lovely big reactive crowd and a lot of fun, so yeah... milk and cookies was epic!

wednesday had me in laugh out loud in anseo, which took me slightly by suprise because i thought i was in the next week :P
it wasnt a great gig, which took me by suprise, seeing as anseo is usually one of my favourite venues to play. that being said, i think there was just a strange attitude in the room, no loud laughers and unexplainable tension, even though it was a great lineup! glen coco, foil arms and hog, myself, cathal murray and micheal mee, with gerry mcbride mcing. what could go wrong? i dunno, you tell me! it was the first gig in a long time that left me feeling pretty poor about stuff, but when you fall off the horse, you get back on!

thursay. tonight. i was in the international, which is the spiritual home of irish comedy and you can never know who'll show up and what will go down! i was getting pumped for the gig, all ready and such and who strolls in but canadian comedy star tony law. having laughed my hole off at his videos on youtube just the other day, it got me super psyched and i was happy with the gig, although it lagged a small bit at times! the night ended up with;
myself,
colin murphy(the panel)
fred cooke(spar ad)
johnny candon(im not sure, but hes been around)
tony law (paramount etc.)

all on stage and singing a comedic version of video killed the radio star

it was intense! very happy!

anyway, it is 3:20, and im really really tired so im gonna go sleep :) youre all beautiful.

night

marcus

No comments:

Post a Comment